Guidance > Safety > FPS Health and Safety Policy
The FPS Health and Safety Policy
Through the way we work and behave the Members of the Federation of Piling Specialists will strive to protect our people, those who work alongside us and other stakeholders from risks of injury or ill health.
To achieve this aim, to learn and continually improve, Members of the Federation have committed to:
- being thoroughly audited as a condition of membership every 3 years.
- complying with the requirements of the Federation’s Occupational Health policy.
- collaborative working between the Members and key stakeholders to develop and share developing best practice guidance for the industry.
- sharing information and lessons learnt on Health and Safety related matters by regular attendance at the Quarterly Meetings.
- making quarterly returns of all Lost Time Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences for analysis by the Federation.
- providing sufficient resources and support to develop and maintain a competent and qualified management and workforce.
- achieving the agreed Federation standards for Health and Safety training of the workforce.
- ensuring the workforce is provided with a site specific induction on arrival at each new site.
- including Health and Safety on each board meeting agenda to encourage senior management within each member company to discuss and implement good Health and Safety practices.
- reporting Health and Safety information and details of incidents (ie safety alerts) to the Federation with the purpose of sharing with the other Members, or relevant organisations.
- upholding the Federation’s policy of provision of safe working platforms for piling plant
- improving Health and Safety awareness in their workforce through the use of toolbox talks, awareness training, the use of poster campaigns and other related aids.
Additionally the Federation, with the assistance of Members, will prepare and issue, where necessary:-
- Summaries and analysis of accident data
- Guidance on legislation, regulations, and other Health and Safety related matters
- Training aids such as videos, safety literature and PowerPoint presentations for training purposes
- Safety awareness posters and literature.
Download Health and Safety Policy
Other Safety Guidance
FPS Health and Safety Policy
Notes for Guidance on the extraction of temporary casings and temporary piles
FPS Pre-commencement Piling Standard